FBH Soft Open
We are pleased to announce that we are now enacting a soft open of Feller Behavioral Health. We are staggering the return of our therapists and will gradually be available for in-office sessions, with the following return schedule:
Tuesday, May 26th will resume Cheryl, Jackie, Lori, and Lanaiah.
Monday, June 1st will resume Dr. Kelly Feller, Dr. Rebecca Feller, and Karen.
Monday, June 8th will resume Braeden, Sadie and Emily.
All in-person appointments will take place in our Farmington office for the time being. You are welcome to continue FBH Zoom Care for as long as you need if you are not comfortable doing in-person sessions at this time.
New FBH COVID-19 Protocol
As Feller Behavioral Health opens its doors to resume in-person appointments, we need to announce some important changes we are making to our procedures. During this time, we will be exercising increased caution to keep our clients, staff and families safe and healthy. These procedures will be in place until further notice. We ask for your patience and understanding as we make our way through this challenging time.
Please read the following carefully and contact the front desk with any questions or concerns.
- Masks must be worn in all common areas (waiting room, hallways, bathrooms) by both staff and clients. Masks in session will be optional, as directed by each individual therapist.
- Temperatures of all clients and staff will be taken at the door. Any person with a temperature greater than 100.0 will be asked to reschedule in-person sessions no sooner than 2 weeks later. They are welcome to continue remote sessions during this time.
- Clients must wait in their car for their appointment time. When you arrive, please text the front desk– they will message you when your therapist is ready so you can go directly back to your appointment.
- As an exception, new clients will be allowed to enter the waiting room prior to their appointment to complete new client forms. In this case, please maintain a proper social distance from the front desk staff and the other patients as you complete your paperwork.
- Each patient may only be accompanied by 1 additional person. Any others will need to wait outside of the building until the session is completed.
- Doors will be specifically labeled for entrance and exit. Please use the appropriate doors when entering and exiting and maintain distance from other patients and staff as much as possible.
- Clients and staff will be required to wash/sanitize their hands upon entering the building or touching anything in the common areas. All common areas will be sanitized between clients.
- No cash or check payments will be taken by the front desk. Please plan on paying with a credit or debit card if we do not already have a card on file.
We’re excited that we can now resume in-person sessions as an option and appreciate your help in keeping everyone healthy. As always, if you have questions or need assistance, our Client Care Team is happy to assist you. We look forward to seeing you, and hope you have a wonderful day!